Leftovers are often forgotten at the back of our fridges.
Check your portions
Are your eyes sometimes bigger than your stomach? You’re not alone.
- Cooking the right amount of food really helps to reduce waste.
- Knowing who is home for dinner also helps.
Serve it to save it
- Kids leaving food on their plate? Let them serve themselves from a central platter, leaving you with untouched, loveable leftovers.
What can you do with your leftovers?
- Put leftovers into a container for tomorrow’s lunch.
- Freeze for a future meal (don’t forget to label it) (PDF 267KB)
- Give leftovers a new lease on life by creating a whole new meal. Think spag bol one night, tacos the next.
Lonely leftover produce
- Too much broccoli? Sweet potatoes crowding you out? Try to get creative with what you already have. Search for recipes starting with those ingredients or build them into your meal plan.
Want more? Join our Love Food Hate Waste mailing list to stay up to date or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org